Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Tempe Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
How do I set up Google Analytics on WordPress?
First, you will need to copy your Google Analytics tracking code that you copied earlier in Step 4 when signing up for Google Analytics account. Next, you need to install and activate the Insert Headers and Footers plugin. For more details, see our step by step guide on how to install a WordPress plugin.
How do I add Google Analytics to WordPress 2021?
How to Add Google Analytics to a WordPress Website Without Plugin
- Step 1: Sign up for a Google Analytics account (FREE)
- Step 2: Choose the type of property such as web or app.
- Step 3: Enter the details of your property.
- Step 4: Get the tracking code from the Google Analytics dashboard.
How do I add Google Analytics tracking code to my website?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Does WordPress have built in analytics?
WordPress doesn’t come with built-in analytics, so you’ll need to install Google Analytics on your WordPress site. But that can be tricky, especially for beginners. An easier way of connecting Google Analytics with WordPress is through a plugin like MonsterInsights.
Do I need Google Analytics on my website?
Google Analytics isn’t a necessary evil, but it’s not enough for your website. You need more than just data, especially sampled data. Brian Massey with Conversion Sciences said it best in 2013: “The ability to make decisions based on data is powerful.
Are Google Analytics free?
Google Analytics is what they call a “freemium” service, meaning that small businesses can use the service without paying a monthly charge, but if you want more advanced features or the ability to do more with the service, there is a recurring fee.
Is MonsterInsights the same as Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google to help you understand your website visitors whereas MonsterInsights is a powerful WordPress plugin that makes it effortless to connect Google Analytics with your WordPress site.
Can I use Google Analytics without a plugin?
Adding Google Analytics to your site without a plugin is not as easy as with a plugin. That’s because you’ll have to enter the tracking code in the header of your website. … Any mistake you make while adding the tracking snippet can mess up your analytics or even bring down your entire website.
Where is Google Analytics in WordPress?
On Your WordPress.com Site
Head to My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic and scroll down until you find the Google Analytics section.
Where do I get Google Analytics code?
Find your tracking ID and tag
Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column. Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column. Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your tracking ID and property number are displayed at the top of the page.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
How do I put tracking code on my website?
- 1Obtain your tracking code in your marketing automation tool.
- 2Locate your global footer in your content management system.
- 3When you have found your tracking code and located your global footer, copy and paste your tracking code into the footer.
How do I add Google Analytics to my website?
Add an account
- Sign in to your Analytics Account.
- Click Admin.
- In the ACCOUNT column, select + Create Account from the menu.
- Click Web site or Mobile app.
- Under Setting up your Account: …
- Under Setting up your property, enter the Website or App Name. …
- Select an Industry Category.
- Select the Reporting Time Zone.