In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance » Widgets and add the ‘Recent Posts’ widget to your sidebar. The built-in Recent Posts widget doesn’t offer many options. You can give the widget a title, choose whether or not to show the dates of posts, and add the number of posts you want to display.
How do I edit the latest post in WordPress?
Changing page name on WordPress site is very simple, Follow this steps.
- Log into your WordPress dashboard.
- On the left in the sidebar, click on pages.
- Select the page you want to rename.
- Click on the title and rename it , you can also change the URL.
- Click Update to save changes.
How do I add thumbnails to recent post widget?
- Navigate to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard.
- Search for ‘Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails’
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Activate the plugin on the Plugin dashboard.
- Go to ‘Appereance’ => ‘Widgets’ and select ‘Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails’
How do I create a custom post type widget in WordPress?
- Download and unzip files. …
- Upload “custom-post-type-widgets” to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Adds widgets to a widget area and configure settings through the ‘Widgets’ menu in WordPress.
- Have fun!
How do I use smart recent post widget?
Log in to your WordPress admin panel and click the Plugins menu. Then activate the plugin. Go to the widgets page Appearance -> Widgets. Find Smart Recent Posts widget.
How do I customize a post in WordPress?
Customizing the Posts Page in the WordPress Customizer
In order to customize your Posts Page, go to Appearance -> Customize -> Blog archive. The options you’ll see there give you a detailed control over the appearance of your blog page.
How do I get recent posts to show thumbnails in WordPress?
First, you’ll need to install and activate the WordPress Recent Posts Widget With Thumbnails plugin. Next, go to Appearance » Widgets page where you should see the ‘Recent Posts With Thumbnails’ widget.
How do I use recent post widget extended?
- Log in to your WordPress admin panel and go to Plugins -> Add New.
- Type recent posts widget extended in the search box and click on search button.
- Find Recent Posts Widget Extended plugin.
- Then click on Install Now after that activate the plugin.
- Go to the widgets page Appearance -> Widgets.
Where do posts appear in WordPress?
Posts can be found in the Archives, Categories, Recent Posts, and other widgets. Posts are also displayed in the RSS feed of the site. You can control how many posts are displayed at a time in the Reading Settings. If you want your posts to appear on a page other than your home page, see Front Page.
How do I display custom post type?
Let’s take a look at the example below using these steps. Set up a variable that contains an array of parameters you’ll pass to the WP_Query class. You’ll want to set the ‘post_type’ parameter to the slug of the custom post type we’d like to query. Most likely, this is the custom post type that you’ve created already.
How do I show custom post type in widget?
To display CPT posts, we will be using the post_type parameter and specifying the types of posts that we want to be queried in the recent posts widget. This PHP code once added to your functions file enables you to include one or more custom post type posts in the native recent posts widget.
How do I create a custom post and category in WordPress?
First, you need to install and activate the Custom Post Type UI plugin. For more details, see our step by step guide on how to install a WordPress plugin. Upon installation, you need to visit CPT UI » Add/Edit Post Types to create a new custom post type or edit an existing custom post type you created with the plugin.
How do I find a post shortcode in WordPress?
If you’re using the WordPress Blocks Editor you can also add a Shortcode block to add the Display Posts shortcode.
But, when you publish your page, you’ll see the result of the shortcode.
- Edit a page, post, or text widget.
- Add the shortcode [display-posts] in a post or page.
- Publish or Update your page/post.
How do I add a popular post widget to WordPress?
Go to Appearance > Widgets, drag and drop the WordPress Popular Posts widget to your sidebar. Once you’re done configuring it, hit the Save button. If you have a caching plugin installed on your site, flush its cache now so WPP can start tracking your site.