php file. define( ‘WP_DEBUG’ , true); define( ‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’ , true ); Once you add this, the blank screen will now have errors, warnings, and notices.
How do I fix a white page in WordPress?
How to Fix WordPress White Screen of Death (9 Methods)
- Disable Your WordPress Plugins.
- Switch to a Default WordPress Theme.
- Clear Browser and WordPress Plugin Cache.
- Switch on Debugging Mode.
- Increase Your Memory Limit.
- Check File Permission Issues.
- Check for Failed Auto-Update Issues.
- Resolve Syntax Errors or Restore a Backup.
Why is my WordPress page blank?
We’ve had a lot of our customers and WordPress users, in general, have an issue where their site is showing a blank page. This blank page is typically caused by a PHP error. If you have your php. ini file set to hide PHP errors, you’ll get a blank page displayed.
How do I fix a blank admin panel in WordPress?
Disable Active Theme
In many cases, a blank WordPress admin panel results from code errors in your currently active theme. You can resolve this by disabling the theme. However, since you cannot access your dashboard to do this, you have to disable your theme manually using FTP.
How do I make a blank page in WordPress?
To add a new page,
- Go To Dashboard -> Pages -> Add New and Give it a title.
- In the post editor page, there is a box on the right called “Page Attributes“. From this box, you can select multiple page templates. Select “Blank Page Template” and save the page.
What is WordPress white screen of death?
Majority of the time when you see a white screen of death, it means that a script on your website exhausted the memory limit. The unresponsive script either gets killed by your WordPress hosting server, or it simply times out. This is why no actual error message is generated, and you see a plain white screen.
Why is my website showing a blank page?
When a Web page is blank, there are a few likely reasons. The reasons fall into three categories: 1, a server-related problem; 2, a network problem; and 3, a client browser or computer problem.
How do I reset WordPress?
Reset WordPress With A Plugin
- Go to Tools > WP Reset. Scroll down to the Site Reset section.
- Type “’reset” in the Confirmation field. …
- A popup message will appear asking you to confirm that you want to reset your site. …
- Click the Tools tab. …
- Click the Delete all themes button. …
- Now click the Delete plugins button.
How do I fix my WordPress website?
How to fix WordPress:
- Turn on debugging.
- Check for a . htaccess problem.
- Check the PHP version.
- Check the WordPress memory limit.
- Increase the Maximum Execution Time.
- Save the Permalinks.
- Clone the site to a development server.
- Update WordPress, Plugins and Themes.
Why do I get a white screen on some websites?
White screen issues are often plugin-related. If you were installing, updating, or working with a plugin immediately before the white screen issue, that plugin might have caused the problem. … If the plugin is what caused the white screen, then your site should go back to normal when you deactivate it.
Why is my WP admin not working?
Common reasons why you can’t access wp-admin
Your login credentials (username/password) are incorrect. You’re being blocked by your security plugin. You changed the WordPress login URL. There’s a problem with your WordPress site (White Screen of Death, 500 Internal Server Error, etc.)
Why is WordPress login not working?
How do I enable editing in WordPress?
How to enable Plugin Editor for WordPress
- User FTP to connect to your website host and go to the directory where you website is hosted.
- Open the wp-config.php file from the wordpress install of your website.
- Search for “define(‘DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT’, true);
- Change the true value to false — define(‘DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT’, false);
- Save the file and upload back again.
Can you have a blank theme in WordPress?
Blank WordPress themes are boilerplates that serve as a starting point for developing your own custom theme, which is why they’re also called “starter themes” and (less commonly) “naked themes”. Blank WordPress themes come with basic WordPress PHP, CSS, and HTML code and theme files already filled out for you.
How do I make a blank coding page?
Create a Blank Web Page
- Ctrl + N.
- File > New > HTML.
- Click File > New > Page > General > HTML. View Screenshot.
- Click the New Document dropdown from the Toolbar > select HTML View Screenshot.
How do you create a blank page?
To put a blank page into your Word document, place the cursor where you want the new page to begin and then click Insert > Blank Page. The blank page opens, ready for whatever you want to add. Another option when you need a little space is to insert a page break.