Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress.com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.
How do I set up Google Analytics on WordPress?
First, you will need to copy your Google Analytics tracking code that you copied earlier in Step 4 when signing up for Google Analytics account. Next, you need to install and activate the Insert Headers and Footers plugin. For more details, see our step by step guide on how to install a WordPress plugin.
How do I see stats on my WordPress site?
To view the stats for your individual posts, you’ll need to visit Posts » All Posts from your dashboard. Similarly, you’ll need to go to Pages » All Pages to view the stats for your individual pages. Now, you can see an Insights column added on your WordPress Posts/ Pages screen.
How do I enable Google Analytics?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics. …
- Set up a property in your Analytics account. …
- Set up a reporting view in your property. …
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Does WordPress have built in analytics?
WordPress doesn’t come with built-in analytics, so you’ll need to install Google Analytics on your WordPress site. But that can be tricky, especially for beginners. An easier way of connecting Google Analytics with WordPress is through a plugin like MonsterInsights.
Do I need Google Analytics on my website?
Google Analytics isn’t a necessary evil, but it’s not enough for your website. You need more than just data, especially sampled data. Brian Massey with Conversion Sciences said it best in 2013: “The ability to make decisions based on data is powerful.
Does WordPress tell you who visited your blog?
Provided you are logged in when visiting, your own views are not recorded on any public blog you registered. Our stats are page view stats. Please do not assume that everyone who clicks a like button actually reads the post on your blog because odds are they may not.
How do I know how many visitors my website has?
Use the below tools to find traffic data, that is number of visitors to a website: SEMrush – any website. SimilarWeb – any website.
- SEMrush – Any Website. …
- SimilarWeb – Any Website. …
- Alexa – Any Website. …
- Google Analytics [For Site Owners] …
- Quantcast [For Site Owners]
Does WordPress count your own views?
As you can see, WordPress does count your own views in your website’s stats dashboard.
Where do I get my Google Analytics code?
Where is the Google Analytics Code and Tracking ID?
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click ‘Admin. ‘
- Next, click on the ‘Tracking info’ and from the drop-down menu. Select ‘Tracking code. ‘
- Here, you can find the Tracking ID and Tracking code. Copy this code and paste it into the header of your site.
How do I access Google Analytics for my website?
Access Analytics via google.com/analytics or from your Google Ads account. There are two ways to access Analytics: through a standalone account at http://www.google.com/analytics, or through your linked Google Ads account. You can sign in to your Analytics account from http://www.google.com/analytics.
How do I put Google Analytics on my website?
Add Analytics tracking
- On a computer, open a classic Google Sites.
- Click Settings. Manage site.
- Under “Statistics,” click the Down arrow. Use Universal Analytics.
- In the text box, under “Analytics Web Property ID,” enter a valid Analytics Property ID. …
- At the top, click Save.
Is Google Analytics free for WordPress?
The Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics plugin is a free WordPress plugin that’s great for WooCommerce. Keep in mind that this plugin comes with certain limitations. It only supports simple products. Also, it’s not fully compatible with some WordPress themes, like custom or child themes.
Is MonsterInsights the same as Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google to help you understand your website visitors whereas MonsterInsights is a powerful WordPress plugin that makes it effortless to connect Google Analytics with your WordPress site.
What is the best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress?
The 5 Best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WP.
- Actionable Ecommerce Google Analytics Plugin for WooCommerce.
- WP Google Analytics Events.