The WordPress comment form is generated by using the function: php comment_form(); ?> . By default, this function generates your comment form with three text fields (Name, Email, and Website), a textarea field for the comment text, a checkbox for GDPR compliance, and the submit button.
How do I add a comment to WordPress?
- Upload the plugin folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Visit the settings page under Comments > Comment Form to customize the form.
How do I enable comments section in WordPress?
- Go to My Site(s) → Posts or Pages and select the post or page you want to enable (or disable) comments on.
- In the settings sidebar, find and open the Discussion tab.
- Select Allow Comments to enable comments, or deselect the option in order to disable comments.
How do I change the comment form in WordPress?
How to Customize WordPress Comment Form?
- Change the Font of Comments Form.
- Change the Submit Comment Button.
- Remove Website URL Field from Comment Form.
- Add a Field to the Comments Form.
- Add reCAPTCHA to Comment Form.
- Change the Title of Your Comment Section.
- Move Text Field to the Bottom of the Form.
How do I add a comment in form?
Simply drag a field and add it to the area labeled ‘Drag form fields here’. You will be able to see the options for each field as soon as you drop it in the editable area. Each field usually has a title which will be displayed as the custom field label on your comment form.
How do I enable comments in jetpack?
To activate it, just visit Jetpack → Settings → Discussion on your Dashboard and switch on “Let readers use WordPress.com, Twitter, Facebook, or Google accounts to comment. “ To leave a comment, just click in the box and start typing.
How do I enable comments on my website?
Scroll to Websites + Marketing and select Manage next to your website to open your site. From your Dashboard, select Marketing > Blog to go to your blog. Select the Comments tab. Select the toggle to the right of Allow readers to comment on your posts to switch it from Off to On.
How do I enable comments on WordPress without approval?
Change comment approval settings in WordPress
- Log in to WordPress.
- Go to Settings > Discussion.
- Locate the Before a comment appears section.
- Check or uncheck the box next to the lines: Comment must be manually approved. …
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Save Changes.
- Try to comment without being signed in, to see if the settings have changed.
How do I remove the comment section in WordPress?
To do that, go to Settings » Discussion from the left sidebar of your WordPress admin panel. On this page, you need to uncheck the option that says “Allow people to post comments on new articles” and then click on the Save Changes button to store your settings. This will disable comments on all your future posts.
How do I manage comments on WordPress?
Simply go to Posts » All Posts and click on the Edit link below the post you want to open. On the post editor screen scroll down to the bottom, and you will see all comments made for the post. You can edit, delete, reply and moderate comments directly from here.
Which template tag is responsible for display comment section in theme?
The comments. php template contains all the logic needed to pull comments out of the database and display them in your theme.