After, installing it on your website, simply head over to ‘Plugins’ and click on Hide/Remove Metadata to open its settings. Then activate it. After activating the plugin, choose it from the right side of WordPress and as it is displayed in the image below, choose hide author option to hide the author’s name.
How do I remove author details from WordPress posts?
Now go to Posts » All Posts page and click on the screen options menu at the top. Enter 999 for number of items to display. This will allow you to quickly edit and change author name for a large number of posts. You need to select all posts using the checkbox and then select edit under the bulk actions drop down menu.
How do I hide the author and date in WordPress?
How to Remove Author and Date Information Manually
- Add Some Custom CSS. From your main WP dashboard, go into Appearance – Customize, and at they very bottom, you will see an option called Additional CSS. …
- Delete the PHP Code From Your Theme’s Files.
How do I disable a link in WordPress?
Disabling the Link Attribute to a Top Level Menu Item
- Click on the Menus option.
- Select the menu you want to work with.
- Click on the Add Items button.
- Click on the Custom Link option. …
- Next, click on Add to Menu.
- Now, drag the items you want in the sub menu under the new custom link item.
How do I hide published on WordPress?
To hide this feature, at Customize > Content Options > Author Bio, just uncheck the box labeled “Display on single posts,” and then save this customization by clicking the Save Changes button.
How do I change the author on WordPress?
Changing the Author to Another User in Block Editor
- Click “Posts” and then “All Posts”
- Choose the post you want to change the author of and click “Edit”
- Click “Document” in the right sidebar.
- Find “Author” under “Status and Visibility”
- Open the dropdown menu to change the author.
- Click “Update” to confirm the change.
How do I hide my WordPress username post?
How to Hide Your WordPress Username
- Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
- Go to Users > All Users.
- Mouse over the user you want to change and click “Edit”
- Fill in “First Name”
- Fill in “Last Name”
- Fill in “Nickname” such as First and Last Name (example: John Doe, Queen of Sheba)
How do I hide the published date on WordPress?
Removing date from WordPress post is very easy from the admin dashboard.
- Go to the admin dashboard.
- After that, go to Settings > General.
- On the date format section, select Custom and delete whatever is there and click on Save Changes.
How do I hide categories in WordPress?
How to Hide Category in WordPress?
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for ‘Ultimate Category Excluder’, Install and Activate it.
- Go to Settings > Category Excluder.
- Checkmark the categories you want to hide.
- Click on Update.
How do I create an author page in WordPress?
Head over to Appearance » Widgets page and add [WPUM] Login Form widget to a sidebar. You can now visit your website to see the author profile page in action. As a logged in user, you will see your own account information in the sidebar widget. Clicking on the username will take you to your author profile page.
How do I remove the author from a Word document?
How to delete an author name in an Office document (Word, PowerPoint, or Excel)
- Open the document. NOTE: If you want to change the author name in a template, right-click on the template, and select Open to open the template. …
- Go to File > Info.
- Right click on the author’s name.
- Select Remove Person.
How do I find the author name in WordPress?
You can use get_the_author_meta() , to get author data. echo get_the_author_meta(‘display_name’, $author_id);
How do I remove unwanted links in WordPress?
This is called ‘disavowing’ links – let’s look at how the process works.
- Step 1: Download Links to Your Site. Using your backlink auditing tool, you should be able to export a list of all the backlinks to your site. …
- Step 2: Save Unwanted Links as a . txt File. …
- Step 3: Upload Your File to the Disavow Links Tool.
How do I remove a link from a menu in WordPress?
To do this, login to your WordPress admin and then hover over ‘Appearance’ and click ‘Menus’. Choose the relevant menu, and then on the left click ‘Custom Links’. In here, enter the hash symbol (#) as the URL – there’s no need to use the http:// preface, so just remove that.
How do I hide submenu in WordPress?
2 Answers. Pretty much what you want to do is hide all sub-menus by default (using display: none ) and then when the parent item is hovered, use display:block to make them visible again.