Step 4. Creating Your First Blog Post. To write a blog post, click on the Posts » Add New menu in your WordPress dashboard. You will see an editor area where you can write your first blog post.
How do I make my first post on WordPress?
Here is how:
- Come up with a topic. Before you can start writing, you need to figure out what you’ll write about. …
- Create a first draft. Once you come up with a topic, you can start writing. …
- Edit and proofread. …
- Come up with a great title. …
- Don’t forget the SEO. …
- Spice it up a bit. …
- Share. …
- Choose a nice theme.
How do I write my first blog post?
Here are some tips to guide you on how to write your first blog post:
- Start by Introducing Yourself. …
- What’s Your Voice? …
- Link to Your Social Pages. …
- Proofread, proofread, proofread! …
- Add Images, Video, and Interactive Content. …
- Encourage Comments and Feedback. …
- Don’t Rush – You Only Get to Post Your First Blog Entry Once!
How do I create a blog post on WordPress 2020?
To write a post:
- Log in to your WordPress Administration Screen (Dashboard).
- Click the ‘Posts’ tab.
- Click the ‘Add New’ sub-tab.
- Start filling in the blanks: enter your post title in the upper field, and enter your post body content in the main post editing box below it.
How long should your first blog post be?
Aim for most of your posts to be at least 1,000 words. If you are writing in an industry niche or about something technical, make it at least 1,500–2,000.
Who is father of WordPress?
WordPress was released on May 27, 2003, by its founders, American developer Matt Mullenweg and English developer Mike Little, as a fork of b2/cafelog.
How many WordPress posts can I create?
You can have as many posts and/or pages that you want. There is no limit on the number of posts or pages that can be created. 2.
What should I blog about for beginners?
50+ Blog Topic Ideas For Beginners To Start Blogging Journey
- Health Niche.
- Language Learning Niche.
- How to Travel.
- Writing Niche.
- Self/Personal Development.
- Communication Skills Niche.
- Self Defense Niche.
- Recipes For Couples Without Children.
What is blog example?
A blog (a shortened version of “weblog”) is an online journal or informational website displaying information in reverse chronological order, with the latest posts appearing first, at the top. It is a platform where a writer or a group of writers share their views on an individual subject.
Can I blog with my phone?
The Blogger mobile app allows you to post, edit, save, and view your blog posts. Anyone with Android 5.0 and up can download the app. You can publish posts from anywhere, anytime with the app. …
How do bloggers get paid?
One of the most common ways bloggers make money is through placing ads on their site. … Each time a reader clicks on the ad, you are paid for that click. CPM Ads: CPM Ads, or “cost per 1,000 impressions,” are ads that pay you a fixed amount of money based on how many people view your ad.
Is WordPress blog free?
WordPress.com is free to get started, but offers premium services for prices starting at $36/year. However, there are a number of constraints which I outline below.
How do you start a blog for free?
How to Start a Blog in 6 Steps
- Pick a blog name. Choose a descriptive name for your blog.
- Get your blog online. Register your blog and get hosting.
- Customize your blog. Choose a free blog design template and tweak it.
- Write & publish your first post. …
- Promote your blog. …
- Make money blogging.
How often should I post on my blog?
The frequency of blog posts depends on what’s best for your company. Smaller businesses have found comfort and success posting one to four times a week, while larger companies can push out daily and, sometimes, multiple daily posts. If you’re a marketing team of one, don’t feel the need to constantly pump out content.
How many words should a 2020 blog post?
A blog post should contain at least 300 words in order to rank well in the search engines. But long posts (1000 words or more) will rank more easily than short posts. CoSchedule found posts with around 2,500 words typically rank the best.
What is a good blog length?
For SEO, the ideal blog post length should be 2,100-2,400 words, according to HubSpot data. We averaged the length of our 50 most-read blog posts in 2019, which yielded an average word count of 2,330. Individual blog post lengths ranged from 333 to 5,581 words, with a median length of 2,164 words.