Upon activation, go to Settings » WP Maintenance Mode to configure the plugin settings. The plugin’s setting screen is divided into five tabs. By default, you will see the General options tab. The first option under General is Status, which is set to Deactivated by default.
How do I make my WordPress site temporarily unavailable?
There are four main methods you can use to enable WordPress maintenance mode on your site:
- Use the built-in maintenance feature in WordPress.
- Add custom code to display a maintenance page.
- Enable maintenance mode through your . htaccess file.
- Use a WordPress maintenance mode plugin.
How do I take my WordPress site offline?
You can try making it private. No one will have access to it unless you specifically invite other users. To do that, go to General Settings tab of your website and in the Site Visibility section, choose it to be private.
How do I hide my WordPress site from public view?
To turn off WordPress maintenance mode, head to the SeedProd settings page by clicking the SeedProd icon in your WordPress admin area. Then under the Maintenance Mode section, click the toggle to turn it from Active to Inactive. Now your site is no longer hidden from website visitors.
How can the administrator login if the site is under maintenance mode?
An administrator can put the site into maintenance mode in Administration > Site administration > Server > Maintenance mode. When a site is in maintenance mode, the link “In Maintenance Mode” is displayed near the top right of each page (except the front page) for admins.
How do I activate my coming soon page on WordPress?
Navigate to SeedProd -> Settings. Here, you’ll be able to activate your maintenance screen – or coming soon screen – in just seconds. All you need to do is click the Enable Maintenance Mode option, then hit Save All Changes.
How can I take a website offline?
Click on the Settings button from the left hand tool bar. This will open the Site Settings panel. Click on Site URL, then click the unpublish button. This will take your site offline while you make changes.
Can I make a WordPress website without hosting?
yes and no. WordPress actually has two different versions, WordPress.org and WordPress.com. With the second version, you can actually obtain a free domain and website, without the need to sign up for hosting on your own.
Why is WP Maintenance Mode not working?
When we update WordPress, a . maintenance file is created in the root directory which is automatically deleted after the process. But if you’re stuck in WordPress maintenance mode, it means the . maintenance file is still in the root directory and you need to delete it manually.
Can I make my website private?
Click “Privacy” under the Settings tab on the left side of the dashboard. Check the option “I would like my blog to be private, visible only to users I choose,” and click “Save Changes.” Click “Publish” to publish your website.
How does a user delete a social media icon in WordPress?
Here are the steps you need to take to remove the Social Media Menu from your page:
- Go to Theme Customization.
- Click on Menus.
- Click on Social Media.
- Under Menu Locations, uncheck Social Menu.
How do I access a website under maintenance?
Here’s how to proceed:
- Login from back-end with superuser credentials.
- Click on “Users > Groups > Add New Group”. …
- Click on “Users > Access Levels > Add New Access Level”, enter a title for this new access level like “Offline Access”, put the check mark next to “Offline Group” then “Save & Close”;
How can the administrator login if the site is under maintenance mode Drupal?
- In the Manage administrative menu, navigate to Configuration > Development > Maintenance mode (admin/config/development/maintenance). …
- Fill in the fields as shown below. …
- Click Save configuration.
- Verify that the site is in maintenance mode by accessing it from another browser where you aren’t logged in.
How do I put my Moodle site in maintenance mode?
Enabling and Disabling Maintenance mode in Moodle
Go to Site administration > Server > Maintenance mode in the Settings navigation. On the Maintenance mode page, add the text to the Optional maintenance message block. Select Enable for the maintenance mode. log out of Moodle.