On the staging site’s admin panel, go to the Updates or the Plugins tab. You should see that a WooCommerce update is available. Click on Update Now. Once done, visit the staging site to make sure everything is functioning fine.
How do I update WooCommerce to latest version?
Updating WooCommerce: Updating and Testing Your Staging Site (A 7-Step Checklist)
- Step 1: Take a Snapshot of Your Site With WP Boom. …
- Step 2: Run Your Testing Tool and Ensure That Your Tests Are Passing. …
- Step 3: Update Your Plugins and Theme. …
- Step 4: Update WooCommerce on Your Staging Site. …
- Step 5: Check Your Logs for Errors.
How do I test WooCommerce update?
Step #2: Test your updates
- Create a staging version of your live site.
- Make sure WP_DEBUG_LOG is enabled.
- Update WooCommerce and any other WooCommerce plugins via the WordPress admin Plugins tab.
- Turn your payment methods to sandbox/testing mode so you can test checking out.
Is it necessary to update WooCommerce?
The Right Way to do WooCommerce Update
If your sites are running well, you don’t need to upgrade right away. (Even if you wanted those new features right now!!) First, make sure the theme you use and all your WooCommerce extensions are fully compatible with latest WooCommerce.
How do I update my WooCommerce database?
Manually Updating Your WooCommerce Database via Command Line
- Begin by logging into your WordPress site via SSH.
- Next, access the root directory of your site like this (replacing example.com with your site’s domain): cd ~/sites/example.com.
- Finally, update the WooCommerce database using WP-CLI: wp wc update.
What is the latest WooCommerce version?
WooCommerce 5.4 Released
- By Christopher Allford.
- June 8, 2021.
- 9 Comments.
How do I check WooCommerce version?
How to check your WooCommerce and WordPress versions. To view a full System Status report containing a wide variety of information including software versions and server settings, head to WooCommerce > System Status. Under WordPress Environment: WC Version lists your currently installed WooCommerce version.
How long does it take to update WooCommerce?
“How to update my WordPress site safely?” Okay, updating your site is easy, it takes 5 or 10 minutes tops.
How can I test WooCommerce without paying?
Put your shop in Test Mode
Install and set up the Stripe extension, and enable the WooCommerce Test Mode. It is now possible to test the checkout process. Use a Stripe test credit card to simulate purchase without a real payment. To activate the Stripe payment, ensure that the test mode is correctly configured.
How do I manually update WooCommerce plugin?
How to Manually Update a WordPress Plugin
- Download the plugin . …
- Extract the . …
- Use a File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Client to connect to your site’s server via FTP.
- Navigate to the “wp-content/plugins” folder and delete the folder of the plugin you’re updating.
Does WooCommerce update site breaks?
Keep WordPress Up To Date
Upgrading WordPress will not break your website. Incompatible themes and plugins will.
Is it safe to update WooCommerce plugin?
Each plugin that needs updating should have a link in the Plugins – Installed page where you can view the changes in the newer version (1). … If you don’t see anything that pertains to your site functioning as it should, then you can safely update the WordPress plugin.
Which is better manual update or automatic update?
Automatic software updates are a useful tool, but in some cases manual updates are a safer solution. Your update strategy should balance automatic with manual updates. Automatic software updates are a great tool — but they can also be a great danger if used incorrectly.
How do I update WooCommerce without losing data?
The best way to manage WooCommerce updates
- Step 1 – Stop treating WooCommerce as just another WordPress plugin. …
- Step 2 – Stop automatically updating WooCommerce. …
- Step 3 – Setup a WooCommerce Staging Environment. …
- Step 4 – Start following the WooCommerce development blog. …
- Step 5 – Get ready for major WooCommerce releases.
What database does WooCommerce use?
WooCommerce uses a combination of both WordPress database tables and its own custom tables to store its data.