Some themes offer a special custom menu for adding your social icons which allow your site visitors to quickly access your social media profiles. With these themes you’ll see Social listed under Theme options in the menu settings in Appearance > Menu and in the Customizer.
What is a social menu on WordPress?
Social Menu allows site owners to create a new menu location, used to display links to Social Media Profiles.
How do I add a social link menu in WordPress?
Go to Appearance → Menus in your WordPress Backend and click on create a new menu. Then insert a menu name like Social Icons to create the menu. Afterwards you can add all your social media profiles by using the Custom Links menu type. Enter the URL to your social media profile like Twitter and Facebook.
How do I create a social link?
How To Create Your Own Share Links
- 1) Go to http://www.sharelinkgenerator.com/.
- 2) Choose the social network you want people to share your content on.
- 3) Fill in the blanks.
- 4) Download a social button icon.
- 5) Make the icons clickable using your share link.
How do I add a social link to my WordPress footer?
How to Add Social Media Icons to Header or Footer
- Go to Appearance → Customize.
- Expand the Menus panel.
- Select the menu to edit or +Add a Menu.
- Click +Add Items.
- Check the menu location where you would like the icons to appear.
- Click Save & Publish.
How do I show social media icons on my website?
Add Sticky Social Media Icons
- Add the sticky icons of social media.
How do I add icons to my menu in WordPress?
Find the right menu and add an icon
To add WordPress menu icons, select any of the menu items you already have created. Locate the Icon: Select link. Click on that to navigate to the section to add an icon to that particular menu item.
How do I add social media icons to my main menu in WordPress?
Adding social media icons to the header in an existing menu
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Appearance > Customize > Menus.
- Go to the Header section and press the Add items button.
- Then select the icon of the social media platform you want to add, enter the URL, and press Add to Menu.
How do I add social media icons to WordPress footer without plugin?
Search for and download official social media icons.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard section, hover mouse to “Media”, then select “Add New.”
- From the Media Library, open the icon’s image, and copy the direct link.
- Select Appearance > Widgets.
How do I make a clickable link?
Highlight the word you want to link by either double-clicking on it or using your mouse to click on the word and drag over it. looks like a chain link). A window will pop up asking you to type in a URL. Type in the URL you want your graphic to link to and click OK.
How do I create a free link?
Use Google Sites to create your free URL. You can create multiple websites under a single Google account and select a unique address for each one. Use one of Google’s layout templates or create your own using the HTML editor.
How do I create a link to a document?
Create a hyperlink to a location on the web
Press Ctrl+K. You can also right-click the text or picture and click Link on the shortcut menu. In the Insert Hyperlink box, type or paste your link in the Address box. Note: If you don’t see the Address box, make sure Existing File or Web Page is selected under Link to.
How do I add social links to my footer?
How to add social media links to the footer
- Click on Edit Mode.
- Scroll down to the footer and locate the 4 columns.
- Click in one of them.
- Click Edit Block.
- Place the cursor in the block and use CKEditor.
- Click on the image icon in CKEditor.
- Click on the Browse Server button in the popup window.