Open graph meta tags allow you to control what content appears when a page of your website is shared on social media networks, like Facebook. … Here are the essential Open Graph tags that you should include in every page of your website: og:title – This is the title or headline of the page.
What are OG tags?
Open Graph meta tags are snippets of code that control how URLs are displayed when shared on social media. They’re part of Facebook’s Open Graph protocol and are also used by other social media sites, including LinkedIn and Twitter (if Twitter Cards are absent).
How do I add OG tags to WordPress?
This feature is enabled by default.
- Log in to your WordPress website. When you’re logged in, you will be in your ‘Dashboard’.
- Click on ‘SEO’. …
- Click on ‘Social’. …
- Click on the ‘Facebook’ tab.
- Toggle the ‘Add Open Graph meta data’ switch. …
- Customize your Open Graph tags. …
- Click ‘Save Changes’.
Where do I put the OG image in WordPress?
- Login to your WordPress Admin panel.
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Type ‘OG’ into the Search Plugins field and hit Enter. Once found, you can view details such as the point release, rating, and description.
- Click Install Now. …
- Click Yes, and WordPress completes the installation.
- Activate the plugin.
- That’s all.
How do I change the OG image in WordPress?
Check your WordPress homepage type
- Log in to your WordPress website. …
- Click on SEO. …
- Click on Search Appearance. …
- In the General tab, scroll down to the Homepage settings (outlined in the image below).
- Use the Social settings section to add an image, title and a description. …
- Click ‘Save Changes’.
What are OG types?
og:type – The type of content. Think of these as categories, hotel, blog, article etc. Click here for a full list of Open Graph types. og:image – The URL for an image you want to represent the your content.
How do you check OG tags?
If you have implemented OG tags in your website and you want to check them. You can go to smallseotools.com and use the OG checker tool. Once you navigate to the website; enter the URL of the website you want the meta og checker tool to check. It will run a check and if it finds the tags it will display them.
How do I add an image to an OG tag?
To add the OG image, scroll to the bottom to find the Upload button. Click it to add an image at a recommended size of 1200 pixels by 630 pixels. You’ll need to save (Update) the post or page for the changes to take effect.
How do I add OG tags without plugin in WordPress?
How to add meta tags to WordPress website without plugins
- Step 1: Go to wp-content/themes folder, and browse the theme folder which currently being used.
- Step 2: Find and open the file named functions. php .
- Step 3: Add the following code to the functions. php file.
- Step 4: Update the functions.
How do I add meta tags to an image in WordPress?
Let’s take a look at how that process works.
- Step 1: Install the Yoast SEO Plugin. To start adding meta tags to your content, you’ll first need to download the Yoast SEO plugin. …
- Step 2: Add Meta Data to Your Posts and Pages. …
- Step 3: Save or Publish the Post or Page.
What size should Og image be?
The most frequently recommended resolution for an OG image is 1200 pixels x 627 pixels (1.91/1 ratio). At this size, your thumbnail will be big and stand out from the crowd. Just don’t exceed the 5MB size limit.
What is Open Graph in WordPress?
WP Open Graph for WordPress is a fast and simple way of sharing links on Facebook with correct name, logo and other information; Plugin provides complete information about your webpage content to social sites; WP Open Graph automatically extract data from post title.
What is an open graph image?
Open graph is a protocol first created by Facebook in 2010 for extracting the title, images, URL, and meta-information from a webpage and displaying it in a social media post.
What is feature image in WordPress?
The Featured Image (also known as post thumbnail) is a WordPress theme feature which allows theme developers to add support for using a representative image for posts, pages, or custom post types. … They can choose thumbnail sizes, style them, and selectively turn the display of featured images ON and OFF.
How do I change the image on Open Graph?
Choose an Open Graph Image for a Page
- Click on the Left Side Bar.
- Click on “Settings”. …
- Under the General Settings tab, Scroll to the Link Preview Image (Open Graph) section.
- Click Upload and select an Open Graph image.
- The Open Graph image for the page has been updated.
- Click Save to save the pages to your page.
What is FB App_id?
Facebook’s Sharing Debugger tool helps you preview how your content might look when shared on Facebook. It also shows errors or warnings when you have problems in your code which might impact how your content performs. One of the things the tool looks for in your code is a fb:app_id meta tag.