WordPress comes with a built-in feature which allows you to make posts or pages private and password protected. … Choose the appropriate radio button to make a post private or password protected. If you choose to make a WordPress post password protected, then WordPress will ask you to enter a password.
How do I make my blog private?
Make your blog private
- Sign in to Blogger.
- In the top left, select a blog.
- From the menu on the left, click Settings.
- Under “Permissions,” click Reader access and select from these options: Public: Anyone on the web can access and read your blog. Private to authors: All authors of your blog can access and read it.
How do I hide my WordPress site from public?
To turn off WordPress maintenance mode, head to the SeedProd settings page by clicking the SeedProd icon in your WordPress admin area. Then under the Maintenance Mode section, click the toggle to turn it from Active to Inactive. Now your site is no longer hidden from website visitors.
Are personal blogs successful?
The success of a personal blog quite often depends on the post frequency as well. That’s because it’s not just about posting good content once and letting it slide afterwards. That kind of popularity will get a personal blog nowhere. If anything, it’ll only make it look like its best time has passed.
What is private visibility in WordPress?
Private – Pages are only visible to blog Editors and Administrators. Private pages are not visible in feeds or in any search. A page can be private without being password protected.
How do I make my entire WordPress site private?
To make your entire blog private, follow these steps:
- Go to your blog’s dashboard.
- Select Settings.
- From there, select Privacy.
- You’ll see three options: Public, Hidden, and Private.
How do I make my WordPress site invisible?
Private WordPress Site
- Click on Plugins, then go to Add New. Find the My Private Site plugin, install and activate it.
- Go to Settings -> Private Site.
- Tick the Private Site option under the Make Private Site section.
- Press Save Changes and you’re done!
How do I hide my WordPress site until ready?
How to Hide Your WordPress Site Until It’s Ready
- Set Up Your New WordPress Site.
- Install the SeedProd Plugin.
- Create Your WordPress Coming Soon Page.
- Customize Your Coming Soon Page Template.
- Choose When to Show Your Coming Soon Page.
- Hide Your WordPress Website.
What type of blogs make the most money?
10 Top Money Making Blogs
- Finance Blog.
- Fashion Blog.
- Travel Blog.
- Marketing Blog.
- Health and Fitness Blog.
- Mom Blog.
- Food Blog.
- Lifestyle Blog.
Do personal blogs make money?
Naturally, there is a very high correlation between time, effort, and money. Most bloggers quit within the first year. However, if you were to stick with it, money is there. If you are willing to post solid, strategic content 3 times a week without fail, then in year one you can make anywhere from $1,000 – $10,000.
Can blogs be personal?
Personal blogs aren’t diaries.
While a personal blog is like keeping a diary, it differs in several major ways. Unlike the old-fashioned hand written diary, there’s no lock and key. … By blogging, instead of keeping your thoughts private, you’re inviting the public to read them.
Where are the visibility settings located WordPress?
WordPress comes with 3 built-in visibility options: “Public”, “Private” and “Password protected”. You can find those options under the Publish section at the top-right side of the Edit screen.
Why can’t I see my pages on WordPress?
So you need to go to Appearance > Menus and update your custom menu. You can also check the option “Automatically add new top-level pages to this menu” so that this won’t happen again.
Who can see a private page in WordPress?
As the name implies, a private WordPress page or post is not visible to the public. Depending on the settings, it may only be visible to one or a couple of users, and that’s it. Even if a visitor has the URL for a certain page, he or she won’t be able to see it if it is set to “private.”