No matter what you’re selling, WooCommerce allows you to do it beautifully — and this includes downloadable products. With a few careful optimizations and best practices followed, the digital goods in your store can be made to sell just as well as any physical item… or perhaps even better.
Is WooCommerce digital download good?
Even if you’ll be selling digital downloads from your store, WooCommerce could still be a good option — there’s support for selling files, and if you ever want to expand into physical products, it won’t be a problem.
Can you use WooCommerce to sell digital products?
WooCommerce is a full-fledged e-commerce solution for WordPress users. You can use it to sell anything you want! Whether it’s physical goods you’re selling, or digital goods, and even wholesale goods. It works like any other e-commerce platform, but only as long as it is used with WordPress.
What is downloads in WooCommerce?
WooCommerce Subscription Downloads enables you to offer downloadable products to your subscribers, while maintaining individual listings for each of your downloadable products, having them sold individually via your store, as well as via the subscription.
How do I protect my digital downloads?
A word about site security
- Use two-factor authentication wherever possible.
- Create less obvious or random usernames for managing admin accounts (not ‘admin’)
- Block temporary email addresses from downloading, purchasing, or signing up to your site using a plugin like Validator.pizza.
- Use spam-blocking plugins like Akismet.
Is easy digital downloads free?
Easy Digital Downloads (EDD), created by Pippin Williamson, is a free WordPress e-commerce plugin that focuses purely on digital products. Its primary goal is to make selling digital products simple and complete.
How do I turn off downloadable products in WooCommerce?
Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced and remove the entry for Downloads in the Account endpoints section, just leave it Blank. And the menu will not be visible anymore.
How do I add files to WooCommerce?
- Purchase Customer Upload Files for WooCommerce from WooCommerce.com.
- Download and install the extension.
- Activate the extension.
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Upload File to add rules to enable upload file for customers.
- Read the full installation guide here.
How do I sell a downloaded file in WooCommerce?
To get started:
- Go to: WooCommerce > Products > Add Product to add a new Simple product as outlined in Adding and Managing Products.
- Tick the Downloadable checkbox:
- After ticking this box, other options appear – Downloadable Files, Download Limit, Download Expiry.
- Select the Add file button, and then name the file.
What is WooCommerce regenerate download permissions?
Bulk Regenerate Download Permissions for WooCommerce Orders plugin lets you regenerate download permissions for all your orders or only selected orders in bulk. … Normally WooCommerce resets these download counts whenever you regenerate the permissions, but with this feature enabled you can save your counts!
How can you ensure that the customer does not disclaim the delivery of a digital good?
- Set Limits for Streaming and Downloads. Perhaps the most obvious concern for digital downloads is that your customer will share your product. …
- Stamp and Watermark PDFs. PDF is perhaps the most common type of file for digital product delivery. …
- Utilize License Keys for Software and Apps. …
- 2 comments.
Why is WooCommerce not installing?
Navigate to Plugins>Installed Plugins and deactivate every single plugin that’s not WooCommerce or a Woo extension. If the problem disappears, then it’s a conflict with one or more of your plugins. Now, go through your plugins one at a time and activate each plugin.
How do I get WooCommerce Pro for free?
Account download history: Show a list of the user’s free download history on their WooCommerce account page. Email capture: Ask your guest users for their email address before downloading. Includes MailChimp subscribing! Product Reviews: Allow free download users to leave reviews for products they’ve downloaded.
Can you get WordPress for free?
WordPress as a software is free for you to download and use. However, to use WordPress on the web, you will need WordPress Hosting. … However, you are not required to use those because there are over 6000+ free WordPress themes that you can use.