How do I remove default categories in WordPress?
You cannot delete a default category, but you can rename it. You need to visit Posts » Categories page in the WordPress admin and click on the edit link below the Uncategorized category. This will bring you to the category edit screen where you can rename your category and change its URL slug.
How do I delete a category in WooCommerce?
Remove Product Meta ‘Categories’ in a Product Page – WooCommerce
- Open WordPress admin panel, go to Appearance > Editor.
- Open function.php theme file.
- Add the following code at the bottom of function.php file.
- Save the changes.
- Refresh the product page, now the description heading is gone.
How do I change the default category in WooCommerce?
Select “Posts” >”Categories” from your left side bar menu. Add a new category that you would like to make your default category moving forward. Select “Writing” > “Settings” from the left hand side bar menu. Change the Default Post Category from “Uncategorized” to “New Category” using the drop down menu.
How do I change the default product category in WordPress?
Similar to categories on your posts in WordPress, you can add, delete, and edit product categories.
- Add a Name.
- Add a Slug (optional); this is the URL-friendly version of the name.
- Choose a Parent if this is a subcategory.
- Enter a Description (optional); some themes display this.
- Choose the Display type.
What is default post category in WordPress?
The default category in a new WordPress installation is “Uncategorized“. If you don’t pick a category for a post, then the post is automatically placed into the default category. Only a WordPress administrator can change the default category from the Settings » Writing screen.
How do I turn off categories in WordPress?
How to Hide Category in WordPress?
- Go to Plugins > Add New.
- Search for ‘Ultimate Category Excluder’, Install and Activate it.
- Go to Settings > Category Excluder.
- Checkmark the categories you want to hide.
- Click on Update.
How do you hide product categories?
- Go to Woocommerce -> Settings -> Products.
- Go to the subsection “Hide from categories”.
- There is twice the list of the product categories currently on your store. First list allows you to hide the categories on the store. Second list allows you to hide products from those categories on the store.
How do I get rid of breadcrumbs in WooCommerce?
In this panel, go to Layout > WooCommerce > Single Product, select the “Disable Breadcrumb” checkbox and click the Publish button. This will remove the breadcrumbs from all WooCommerce product pages.
How do I turn off related products in WooCommerce?
Option 2: Using NS Remove Related Products for WooCommerce plugin
- Go to Add New under Plugins in your WordPress dashboard menu.
- Search for NS Remove Related Products for WooCommerce in the Keyword box.
- Hit Install and Activate buttons.
- Click on the Remove Related icon inserted in the sidebar.
Is product a category?
Product categories can be organized as a hierarchy of categories that resemble a tree structure or can be a flat structure such as a list of product types. All the companies relating to your product category will be pursuing the same set of customers and will have the same competitors.
How do I arrange categories in WooCommerce?
Change Product Category Order in WooCommerce
Simply visit Products » Taxonomy Order page to rearrange product categories. The plugin will list all your WooCommerce product categories. You can simply drag and drop to rearrange them in any order. Don’t forget to click on the ‘Update’ button when you are finished.
How do I change categories in WordPress com?
Edit or Delete Categories
To edit or delete a category, go to My Site → Posts → Categories. Hover your mouse over any category name and the following options will appear: Edit: Change the name, parent category, and description of a category. Quick Edit: Quickly update the name of a category.
What are product categories?
A product category is a type of product or service. Product categories are typically created by a firm or industry organization to organize products. This can include a hierarchy of categories that resemble a tree structure. Alternatively, product categories can be a flat structure such as a list of product types.
What is the default order of display of post on the homepage?
By default, WordPress displays your blog posts in reverse chronological order (newer posts first), but sometimes you may need to move specific posts up or down.