Simply right click on the file and then select download from the menu. Your FTP client will now download wp-config. php file to your computer. You can open and edit it using a plain text editor program like Notepad or Text Edit.
How do I edit WP-config PHP file without WordPress FTP?
You can edit your blog wp-config. php file through WordPress hosting cPanel » File Manager and find the file called wp-config. php and click Edit.
Where is WP-config file in cPanel?
You can find it in cPanel > Files section > File Manager menu > root folder of the WordPress installation: There are several ways to edit it: 1. Via cPanel File Manager menu > select the needed wp-config.
How do I make my WP-config PHP writable?
How to make system files (. htaccess, wp-config. php) writeable
- Check security plugin settings. Plugins such as iThemes Security and similar ones may be protecting system files such as wp-config.php and .htaccess from being edited. …
- File permission settings. …
- Ownership Settings.
What is WP-config PHP file?
wp-config. php is one of the core WordPress files. It contains information about the database, including the name, host (typically localhost), username, and password. This information allows WordPress to communicate with the database to store and retrieve data (e.g. Posts, Users, Settings, etc).
Where is my WP-config file?
The wp-config. php file is usually located in the root folder of your website with other folders like /wp-content/. Simply right click on the file and then select download from the menu. Your FTP client will now download wp-config.
Where is the database file in WordPress?
One of the most important files in your WordPress installation is the wp-config. php file. This file is located in the root of your WordPress file directory and contains your website’s base configuration details, such as database connection information. When you first download WordPress, the wp-config.
How do I edit a config file?
How to Edit a CFG File and Save It As a CFG File
- Click the Windows “Start” button. …
- Right-click the “CFG” file displayed in the results window. …
- View the file and edit any configurations you want to edit. …
- Press the “Ctrl” and “S” keys to save the file.
What database does WP use?
WordPress uses a database management system called MySQL, which is open source software. This means you’ll sometimes hear your site’s database referred to as a “MySQL database.” MySQL is what enables the database to store information and provide you with access to it.
Where is WP-config in Bitnami?
php configuration file can be found in the following locations: Approach A (Bitnami installations using system packages): /opt/bitnami/wordpress/wp-config.
What permissions should WP-config have?
Permissions For A Shared Server Configuration Or SuEXEC Configuration
- All files should be 644 .
- All folders should be 755 .
- wp-config. php should be 600 .
How do I change htaccess permissions?
You can do this with your FTP software, look for a ‘File Permissions’ or ‘CHMOD’ option, and input ‘0755’. If your . htaccess file does not work, you should contact your system administrator or web hosting company and ensure they have enabled . htaccess within your account.
How do I change permissions in WordPress?
Check wp-config. php file permissions
- Connect to your server via (S)FTP.
- Find the wp-config. …
- Depending on your FTP client, you should be able to right-click (or ctrl+click) on a file name and select an option like “Get Info”, or “File permissions..”, or “File attributes”from the context menu.
How do I configure PHP?
To configure a PHP setting
- In Windows Explorer, open your PHP installation folder, for example C:PHP .
- In a text editor, open the php. ini file.
- Search the file for the setting you want to change. …
- Save and close the php. …
- Recycle the IIS Application Pools for PHP to pick up the configuration changes.
Is WP-config PHP secure?
There is no sensitive information on your main wp-config. php file which makes it secure. However, the include path (i.e. /home/yourusername/) differs from a web server to web server. Hence, you are required to have ample knowledge about the absolute path of your website.
Where is the config PHP file in Moodle?
The name for Moodle’s configuration file is config. php. The file is located in the moodle directory.