To hide a menu item from a specific user role or an individual user, you need to set the “extra capability” field to a capability that the role or user doesn’t have. To hide a menu item from all users, select the item and click on the ‘hide’ icon, then click ‘Save’ to update your settings.
How do I hide the Admin menu in WordPress?
Simply go to the Users » All Users page and then click on the ‘edit’ link for any user you want to disable the admin bar for. This will bring you to the user profile editor page. From here, uncheck the box next to the ‘Show toolbar when viewing site’ option.
How do I hide menu links in WordPress?
To do this, login to your WordPress admin and then hover over ‘Appearance’ and click ‘Menus’. Choose the relevant menu, and then on the left click ‘Custom Links’. In here, enter the hash symbol (#) as the URL – there’s no need to use the http:// preface, so just remove that.
How do I remove the administrator bar from BuddyPress?
If you’re using BuddyPress go to Settings > BuddyPress > Options and disable the Toolbar option.
How do I hide the Admin menu?
- Upload hide-admin-menu to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Open Hide Menu from menu bar and then check or tick mark those menus that you want hide from admin bar.
How do I remove unwanted links in WordPress?
This is called ‘disavowing’ links – let’s look at how the process works.
- Step 1: Download Links to Your Site. Using your backlink auditing tool, you should be able to export a list of all the backlinks to your site. …
- Step 2: Save Unwanted Links as a . txt File. …
- Step 3: Upload Your File to the Disavow Links Tool.
How do I disable the top menu item link?
Disabling the Link Attribute to a Top Level Menu Item
- Click on the Menus option.
- Select the menu you want to work with.
- Click on the Add Items button.
- Click on the Custom Link option. …
- Next, click on Add to Menu.
- Now, drag the items you want in the sub menu under the new custom link item.
How do I remove a menu item in WordPress?
Delete Menu Item
Step 1: Navigate to Appearance -> Menu. Step 2: Click the drop-down arrow next to the menu item you wish to delete. Step 3: Click Remove to delete the menu item. Step 4: When you are finished, click Save Menu.
How do I get rid of the top bar on my WordPress site?
First, you need to login into your WordPress website and enter the dashboard. In order to disable the admin bar, click on Users and find Your Profile underneath it. There, under Keyboard Shortcuts, you’ll see Toolbar. You just uncheck the “Show toolbar when viewing the site” box right next to it.
How do I hide things on WordPress?
You will notice a new ‘Hide Posts’ section in the right column of the editor. Clicking on it will reveal plugin options. You can hide the post on the front page and blog page, category or tag pages, authors page, and site search results. Simply select the options you like and then save your post.