Or, what is more likely, is that you have ticked the option “Discourage search engines from indexing this site” (Search Engine Visibility) in your WordPress admin panel (in Settings > Reading). So just deselect this option and your website should get indexed on Google within a few days.
Why is my WordPress site not showing up on Google?
1. Search Engine Visibility Set to “Discourage” in WordPress. … You will see the box selected next to “Discourage search engines from indexing this site” which will update your Robots. txt for you and tell search engines such as Bing and Google to go away.
How do I make my WordPress site searchable on Google?
Once you’ve done that, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to Google Search Console. …
- Click ‘Add a property’ under the search drop-down. …
- Enter your website URL in the box and click ‘Continue’. …
- Click the arrow next to ‘HTML tag’ to expand the option. …
- Copy the meta tag. …
- Log in to your WordPress website. …
- Click on ‘SEO’.
Why is my website not coming up in Google search?
You’re blocking search engines from crawling your pages. Most websites have something called a robots. … Google can’t crawl URLs blocked in your robots. txt file, which usually results in them not showing up in search results.
How do I get my website to show up on Google search?
How to Get Your Website on Google in 6 Simple Steps
- Submit your site to Google.
- Lay a link trail.
- Choose the perfect keywords.
- Manage your meta tags.
- Optimize for mobile.
- Prove that you’re a local.
Why is Google not showing results?
To check if you get results, try your search again. Restart your device and try your search again. If you’re able to connect to the Internet, update the Google app to the latest version. To check if you get results, try your search again.
How do I make my website searchable?
How to make your website searchable by Google and other search engines.
- In the Admin Panel, click on Settings > Reading.
- Look for Site Visibility.
- Select “Allow search engines to index this site”.
- Click Save Changes.
- Google and other search engines will now be allowed to index the site to make it searchable.
How do I make my website not searchable?
You can prevent a page from appearing in Google Search by including a noindex meta tag in the page’s HTML code, or by returning a noindex header in the HTTP response.
Why can’t I see my website?
The easiest way to see if this is the issue is to do a restart that might clear out the old information in the cache. In the same way that your web browser and router has a cache of recent web pages, your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may be doing some caching on your behalf.
How can I check my website SEO status?
How can I check my SEO ranking? There are several online tools you can use to check your rankings, e.g. the Seobility Ranking Checker. Just enter your domain and the search term you want to check. The tool will immediately display your domain’s ranking as well as the top 100 URLs ranking for this keyword.
How do I get my website on the first page of Google search?
How to use your website to get on the first page of Google
- Determine your keywords. First, determine which search queries you want Google to answer with your website pages. …
- Tell Google what keywords you’re using. …
- Write for humans. …
- Emphasize location. …
- Optimize for mobile. …
- Focus on user experience.