Go to the ‘Writing’ tab and look for ‘Optimize your site for smartphones’ and disable it there. This seems to be equivalent to the Settings > Appearance > Mobile Theme switch on wordpress.com.
How do I disable mobile sites?
Disabling the Mobile Version on an Android phone
- Click on Menu button in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Settings > un-tick Mobile browser mode.
How do I get rid of the mobile menu in WordPress?
However, if you don’t want it or don’t like it you can disable it via the settings at Appearance > Customize > Header > Mobile Menu.
How do I change my mobile settings in WordPress?
- click on Pages in the main admin menu.
- go with your mouse on the page you want to modify for the mobile version and click on the action link “Create mobile version”, or click on the icon “+” you see in the devices column.
- modify your page as you want to see it on mobile.
- save your page mobile version.
Why does my WordPress site look different on mobile?
A responsive layout theme adapts to different screen sizes so that your website will work (and be optimized for) iPhones, iPads, Android and other mobile devices. When responsive width themes are viewed on mobiles sidebars appear below the posts in order to provide as much space as possible for reading.
How do I change my website to mobile?
Using Device Simulation in Chrome DevTools for Mobile View
- Open DevTools by pressing F12.
- Click on the “Device Toggle Toolbar” available. ( …
- Choose a device you want to simulate from the list of iOS and Android devices.
- Once the desired device is chosen, it displays the mobile view of the website.
How do I turn off mobile mode in Chrome?
- Open Chrome’s developer tools with F12 .
- Click the ‘Toggle device toolbar’ button to turn Device Mode on or off. …
- (Optional) Select which mobile device you want to simulate with the ‘Viewport controls’.
- Refresh the webpage with device mode enabled to allow the mobile version to load.
How do I hide menu items in WordPress?
- go to Appearance > Menus.
- click on Screen options to show the options dropdown at the top.
- enable CSS Classes.
- edit your menu item and type uk-hidden into the field CSS Classes (optional) (repeat this step for each menu item you want to hide)
- click on Save Menu.
How do I hide the menu page in WordPress?
On the sidebar of the Customizer click on the Menus > tab. Click on Primary. Now just open the menu item you want to hide/remove-by clicking on it and click the red Remove link. Finally click Save & Publish.
How do I hide a menu in WordPress?
After activating the plugin, browse to the Settings > Clean Admin Menu area in the WordPress backend. This is where you choose which menus to hide. Checking the box next to an item will hide it from view. If you need to access a hidden menu, click the Toggle Extra link.
How do I optimize my WordPress site for mobile?
Tips to Optimize WordPress Website for Mobile Users
- #1 Use A Responsive WordPress Theme.
- #2 Enable Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) in WordPress.
- #3 Use Plugins for Mobile-Optimized Content.
- #4 Use Optimized Images & Load them Correctly.
- #5 Avoid Use of Full Screen Pop-Ups.
- #6 Use Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test Tool.
How do I change my mobile view only in WordPress?
In the developer view, you will be able to see your site’s HTML source code. Next, click the ‘Toggle Device Toolbar’ button to change to the mobile view. You’ll notice the preview of your website will shrink to the mobile screen size. You’ll also notice your website’s appearance change to the mobile view.
How do I make my WordPress site mobile compatible?
Here are three main ways you can make your WordPress website mobile-friendly:
- Run a mobile-specific theme when a device is detected.
- Turn your website into a web app on mobile, which is served when a device is detected.
- Use a responsive design that is optimized to behave well on all platforms regardless of device.
Are WordPress themes responsive?
A responsive WordPress theme is similar to any regular theme with the ability to automatically adjust your website content and images according to the screen size and device. It creates a better user experience for your website.
Are WordPress site mobile-friendly?
Thankfully, WordPress already has your back in this. The WordPress backend is completely mobile responsive (at least since version 3.8) and lets you carry out all basic tasks. If you have a tablet, you might even consider writing long-form content on there (phones, not so much).
Why does my website look bad on mobile?
If your website shows up as a really small version of its regular self on your phone, chances are, a mobile version of the site doesn’t exist. … So, when it can’t find a mobile version, it looks at the whole thing as a desktop computer would. Then, it automatically shrinks it down to fit your screen.