Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Tempe Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
How do I link my WordPress site to Google Analytics?
How to Set Up Google Analytics for WordPress
- Sign Up For Google Analytics. The first thing you’re going to need to do is sign up for Google Analytics. …
- Install Your Plugin. Next, you’ll need to actually install your plugin. …
- Authenticate Your Google Account. …
- Select the Profile You Want to Track. …
- Start Tracking.
How do I get WordPress analytics?
For more detailed reports, you head over to the Insights » Reports menu from your WordPress dashboard. You’ll see different reports offered by the WordPress analytics plugin.
Can you add Google Analytics to a free WordPress site?
If you’d like to add Google Analytics to your WordPress site, Google has got you covered with a simple yet powerful plugin: Site Kit by Google. This free plugin connects Google Analytics to your WordPress site in just a few clicks but that’s not all.
How do I link my site to Google Analytics?
To start collecting basic data from a website:
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics. …
- Set up a property in your Analytics account. …
- Set up a reporting view in your property. …
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Do I need Google Analytics on my website?
Google Analytics isn’t a necessary evil, but it’s not enough for your website. You need more than just data, especially sampled data. Brian Massey with Conversion Sciences said it best in 2013: “The ability to make decisions based on data is powerful.
How do I know if my website has Google Analytics?
For web pages you visit (and don’t own)
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
What is the best analytics plugin for WordPress?
The Best WordPress Analytics Plugins
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WP.
- Clicky Analytics.
- Crazy Egg.
- Analytics Cat.
- GA Google Analytics.
Does WordPress use Google Analytics?
Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress.com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.
Does WordPress count your own views?
As you can see, WordPress does count your own views in your website’s stats dashboard.
How do I install Google Analytics without WordPress Plugin?
How to Add Google Analytics to WordPress Without a Plugin
- Create a Google Account.
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- The Admin area of the Google Analytics Dashboard.
- WhereTo Find the Tracking Info for Google Analytics.
- An Example of Google Analytics Tracking Code.
- Go to Appearance > Editor.
How do I add Google Analytics tracking code to my website?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do you check if Google Analytics is working?
You can also check your tracking code’s status:
- Navigate to the Admin page in Google Analytics. (This will be at the top of the page.)
- Click “Tracking Info”, and it will show the current status.
How do I add a global tag to my website?
To install the global site tag, copy the following code and paste it immediately after the tag on every page of your site. Replace GA_MEASUREMENT_ID with the ID of the Google Analytics property to which you want to send data. You need only one global snippet per page. This snippet loads the gtag.